Getting Your Business Ready for Shop Small Saturday
Shop Small Saturday is a day small and local businesses get to come together and showcase what truly makes their communities come alive and thrive. Founded in 2010, Shop Small Saturday has annually been a tradition which rings in the holiday season.
The holiday season is fast approaching! What does this mean for you? Shop Small Saturday will be held Saturday, November 26th from noon - 5pm. This event will consist of the following.
- Pictures with Santa
- Free gift wrapping
- Free hot cocoa
- Window display contest
- Pedicabs for downtown shoppers
- Elfie Selfie Contest
- Special promotion for extended hours
- Downtown Lighting Ceremony | Courthouse Steps 5:30 p.m.
In addition to Shop Small Saturday, we have many events planned to bring visitors downtown during the shopping season. Our Heart Of The Holidays event kicks off November 11 and goes through December 17. Complete calendar of events listed below.
- Wine & Wassail Walk - Nov. 11
- Farm to Table Dinner - Nov. 12
- Shop Small Saturday Proclamation - Nov. 15 - City Hall
- Shop Small Saturday & Downtown Lighting Ceremony - Nov. 26
- Wrap up Your Shopping Event - Dec. 17
Ways To Get Your Business Ready For The Shopping Season:
- Attend and promote their businesses at the Veteran's Day Parade - Nov. 5
- Join us at the Small Business Training: Partnering for Success - Nov. 7
- Turn your Profile Pic into the Shop Small logo the week of Thanksgiving!
Here are some other Secrets of Success courtesy of Paper Bear
- Holiday Music
- Window displays
- Open on Sundays in December
- Open late every night 2 weeks before Christmas
- Staff given cheat sheets for gift ideas for different ages
- One unique and special gift item featured as go-to
Big Thank You to everyone who joined us at our Shop Small Social Event Wednesday October 19th!